Logging into WordPress
Login to manage your WordPress site by adding “login” or “wp-admin” after your domain name (e.g. http://mydomain.com/login or http://mydomain.com/wp-admin) . Login using the username and password we have provided.
You will see the WordPress Dashboard.
The menu items on the left of the Dashboard allow you to update and manage your website.
- Posts: update or create blog entries and articles.
- Media: add or manage images, photos, videos, or documents to your Media Library
- Pages: update or create website pages. Pages are more static than Posts.
- Comments: manage Comments left by users
- Appearance: control how your site looks, including changing Menus
- Plugins: plugins extend and expand the functionality of WordPress.
- Users: manage users in your site
- Tools: access Tools in the website
- Settings: configure website settings
The area at the top of the site is called the Toolbar. It provides a convenient way to access common WordPress functions and will appear when you are logged into your WordPress site. Please see below for a guide to the Toolbar.